Friday, July 12, 2013

Lager - brew 1

This is my first brew in about 10 years.
The last few didn't work out very well, so I'm going to start out from scratch.
I generally like both clean style beers and ciders, but I also like darker more complex beers.
I'm going to focus on clean clearer style drinks to start with.
I'm just going to follow the instructions as is, without any variation.

Coopers basic kit
Coopers plastic bottles
Brew 11/5/2013
22 degrees added yeast
Bottled 25/5/2013
Og 42
Fg 14




Percentage 3.7% ABV

bottled
labelled with a dymo label maker

Initially Sour taste, went after the first week.
Only grolsch bottles held any head at all.
Probably because we squeezed the plastic bottles before capping; I won't do that again. 

After 3 to 4 weeks weeks bottled, some bottles are pretty sour tasting, some have a nice subtle caramel finish to them. Most of them are drinkable, but none of them are very fizzy.

I've left a few bottles aside to taste in a couple of months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment